We support dermatologists across BC to diagnose and treat children’s skin, hair and nail disorders.
The BC Children’s Hospital Dermatology Clinic
is a referral-based service that cares for more than 3,000 children each year, mostly outpatient consultations. We also offer a telehealth service which provides phone and digital consultation to physicians beyond BC’s Lower Mainland.
Phototherapy is available to children under the care of staff dermatologists as well as to those referred by community-based medical practitioners for care by BC Children’s Hospital staff dermatologists.
We provide outreach via quarterly clinics in Terrace and Prince George and monthly clinics in Vancouver’s Strathcona neighbourhood,
Our referral page
includes a PDF form to request treatment for a patient or consultation.
- ConsultDerm BC – an online platform for teleconsultations, available to all BC physicians and nurse practitioners. (Login required.)
- DermNet NZ - a reliable online resource with clear images and basic information about management of various skin conditions.
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology - SPD has compiled a robust collection of handouts for patients and their families, available for free download.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital - the dermatology pages of the Seattle Children’s Hospital contains summaries of common conditions and offers PDFs that can be used as patient handouts.
- UBC CPD - In collaboration with UBC CPD and Child Health BC, the division has created an online module on Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis. This is free and available at https://ubccpd.ca/course/pediatric-atopic-dermatitis
These PDF documents were produced by BC Children’s Hospital dermatologist Dr. Joseph Lam, MD, FRCPC.