Acute Pain Service protocols
The following materials are available on request from the BCCH Pain Service: IPS@phsa.ca
- Children’s Hospital Sedation/Analgesia Guidelines
- APS Physician’s Orders
- pain management-related Nursing Policies & Procedures
Complex Pain Service links
- Bath Centre for Pain Services, Adolescent Pain Management Service, Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, NHS Foundation Trust, Bath, England
- Chronic Pain Management Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- Chronic Pain Service, the Montreal Children’s Hospital, Montreal, QC
- Complex Pain Service, BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
- Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Pain Management Clinic, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Pediatric Pain Management Program, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS
Practice Guidelines for professionals
Publications available for purchase through the C&W Bookstore.
- A child in pain: How to help, what to do. Kuttner, Leora (1996).
- A child in pain: What health professionals can do to help. Kuttner, Leora (2010).
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) explained: For teenagers, by teenagers. Lauder, Gillian R., Massey, Roslyn (2010).
- Pain in children and adults with developmental disabilities. Oberlander, Tim F., Symons, Frank J. (Eds) (2006).
- Pain in neonates and infants, 3rd edition. Anand, K.J.S. et al (Eds), 2007.
- Bringing pain relief to children. Finley et al (Eds), 2006.