The Division of Adolescent Medicine provides training and education in youth health.
Health care professional trainees from all disciplines receive specialized training. Staff provide workshops, seminars, and lectures to a wide variety of groups on understanding, assessing, and treating adolescents with complex medical conditions.
For information regarding the division's educational activities with the University of British Columbia's School of Medicine, the Pediatrics Residency program, and the Adolescent Medicine Subspecialty Residency (fellowship) program, see the UBC Department of Pediatrics.
- A Youth Health Education Day developed as part of the General Nursing Orientation for the hospital;
- An intranet site has been created on the Pod for Youth Health. This site can be accessed by all staff onsite. The site provides recent articles, clinical and educational tools, key teaching references and policy information. It is anticipated that staff will be able to use the site to reference material and update their information.
- There are internships and PEAK Stream with the focus of Youth Health available for nursing staff at BC Children’s Hospital.
Continuing professional education
- Participation in Advances in Pediatrics and Grand Rounds
- Presentations are made locally, provincially, and at national and international meetings.
- Attendance at local, national and international meetings of Adolescent Health Organizations