COVID Financial ResourcesThe new Canada Emergency Response Benefit COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
This is for caregivers staying home to care for your children due to school or daycare closure. It provides a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures [LINK]
The BC Emergency Benefit for Workers
provides a one-time $1,000 payment for people who lost income. [LINK
You can find information on the link below outlining the
- Temporary rent supplements, halting evictions and freezing rents.
- BC Hydro & ICBC- deferred payments
- 'How to' Personally prepare for staying home
- BC Emergency Benefit and much more
COVID Mental Health Resources
- Supporting Kids through the COVID-19 Crisis [LINK]
- Moderated Online Platform for Youth (10-18years) with Chronic Illness to Connect [LINK]
- Guide to Living With Worry And Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty (for adults) [LINK]
New counselling service for post-secondary students
- The B.C. government, through the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, today announced Here2Talk, a new mental health counselling and referral service for post-secondary students.
- The service offers confidential, free single-session services by app, phone or online chat, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Chat sessions with a trained counsellor can be accessed by downloading the Here2Talk app, visiting here2talk.ca, or by calling 1-877-857-3397.
Moderated Online Platform for Youth (10-18years) with Chronic Illness to Connect
Self-Assessment and Resources for Caregivers
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support. Wellness Together Canada provides free online resources, tools, apps and connections to trained volunteers and qualified mental health professionals when needed. These include modules for addressing low mood, worry, substance use, social isolation and relationship issues.
- Here's the link: https://ca.portal.gs/?lang=en-ca
The Asthma Program at BC Children's Hospital consists of two clinics:
- the Asthma Clinic and the
- the Severe Asthma Clinic
Please note that there is no longer an Asthma Education Clinic at BC Children's as our asthma educators are now working in conjunction with our nurse practitioners and physicians in the Asthma Centre.
To find your closest education clinic please check the BC Lung Association website.
The Asthma Clinic is a collaborative clinic involving nurse practitioners, pediatricians and asthma educators and it helps to diagnose asthma and manage uncontrolled asthma symptoms.
This clinic does not have the capacity to see all children with asthma. The referral criteria are:
- Poor asthma control or persistent exacerbations despite regular daily moderate inhaled corticosteroids or
- Children with an unclear asthma diagnosis despite guideline-based workup
Children who do not meet these criteria can be referred to a pediatrician or a local Asthma Clinic for asthma education, pulmonary function testing and assessment.
The average number of visits with the Asthma Clinic is 3-4 visits after which time most patients will be discharged back to the care of your regular doctor to continue managing your asthma. It can take more than one visit to establish a diagnosis, in particular if your asthma is seasonal or intermittent. Once a diagnosis is established, the goal is to not have any asthma symptoms or asthma attacks. To achieve this goal you will be given an asthma action plan, asthma education, the correct medication device and asthma medications.
The Severe Asthma Clinic is for children who have uncontrolled asthma despite being on moderate to high doses of multiple asthma medications. Children are seen in this clinic after being assessed in the Asthma Clinic and are managed by a pediatric respirologist and allergist. The Severe Asthma Clinic provides long term management for patients with difficult to control asthma.
- We require at least 72 hours notice for rescheduling and will only reschedule once before a new referral is required
Please call 604-875-3042 or email email@example.com the clinic to notify us of a cancellation.