Note: Temporary family and visitor restrictions due to COVID-19
Outpatient Clinics: ONE adult caregiver/support person
In-Patient Areas: TWO adult caregivers/support people
Emergency Department: ONE adult caregiver/support person
On the day of your appointment please remember to:
- Bring You Child's Care Card
- Allow time to find parking.
- Check in with reception before your appointment time.
- Bring all glasses worn for distance or reading.
- Consider bringing a hat or sunglasses to help with light sensitivity caused by dilated pupils.
- Bring snacks or activities for your child.
- Allow for up to 3 hours for your appointment
During your appointment you may be tested for things such as: visual acuity, eye movements, double vision or have measurements taken of any eye misalignment.
Please help us to stay on schedule and arrive on time. If you are running late or need to cancel your appointment, please call our clinic.
Expect to have someone try to make you smile and feel at ease.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible (at least 48 hours ahead of time, if you can) so that your appointment time can be used by another patient.
If your child has been in contact with any infectious diseases (such as chicken pox or measles) during the three weeks before your appointment, please let us know immediately. We might need to reschedule your appointment.
If an interpreter would be helpful for you, please phone us as soon as possible and we will arrange for this.