Information on transportation options to BC Children's Hospital, parking instructions and parking rates, and hospital maps to help you find your way.
Hospital parking fees around the province are in effect as of March 4, 2022 for patients, visitors and staff.
The BC Government has exempted pay parking for some patients, including:
- patients receiving dialysis treatment
- patients undergoing cancer treatment
- parents or caregivers of children staying in the hospital overnight as inpatients (this does not include extended stays in the Emergency Department or maternity patients)
- eligible volunteers
Patients who are known to be coming in for these types of treatments, and are in contact with their programs, can receive guidance from their program on how to park for free.
Those who qualify for free parking during their stay can be entered into the system by their care provider (or someone with clinical knowledge about the patient).
If you believe you qualify for a pay parking exemption, and have not been contacted by your program, please pay for parking until your program enters your vehicle as exempt from pay parking in the system.
*Financial hardship parking permits may be available for those who are not exempt on a case-by-case basis. Please talk to your child's unit social worker for more information. If you don’t know who that is, please talk to your child's unit clerk or booking clerk.
If you have further questions, please contact parking administration at:
604-930-5440 Mon-Fri 8am-3pm (closed on statutory holidays)
Live customer support line: 604-305-0355 or 1-800-590-0309
Helps with any parking related questions and queries
Payment issues with meter or mobile payment option
Violation questions or disputes
Document and report customer experience and feedback
Responds to site parking problems as reported
Impark Violation Dispute Line
Use the Campus Wayfinding Map (PDF) to help you plan where to park.
Valet services at BC Children's Hospital are provided to patients and visitors free of charge and are available at the following locations:
- Teck Acute Care Centre Entrance 55
Hours: 8:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
- BC Children's Hospital Oak Street Entrance (between Entrances 5 and 11)
Hours: 8:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
IMPORTANT: We are implementing controlled access in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please report to the desk when you arrive at the door.
Call the hospital switchboard at 604-875-2000 or Security at 604-875-2999.
Help us keep our hospital campus safe for everyone: please follow the posted speed limit (10-20 km/h).
- The Community Map (PDF) is a road map of the surrounding area, highlighting transit, cycling and walking options.
- The Campus Wayfinding Map (PDF) shows roadway entrances to the hospital, on-site parking, hospital buildings and entrances, some clinics, and locations of valet stations, the cafeteria, navigation volunteer desks, and the closest bus stops.
- New: Teck Acute Care Centre Levels 1-8 Floor Map (PDF)
- Can't find a clinic on the map? Visit the clinics page to find information and contact details.
Whether you arrive by transit, cycling, or car share, we have services on site to support your choice.
The Community Map (PDF) shows locations of:
Transit stops (bus and Canada Line)
Places of interest close to BC Children's Hospital
There are multiple bus routes that stop near the hospital campus, all within a 5 minute walking distance:
- The #25 (Brentwood Stn/UBC) stops at 50338 (King Edward Ave and Oak St)
- The #17 (Oak/Downtown) stops at 50454 (NB Oak St at Devonshire Crescent)
- The #17 (Oak/Downtown) stops at 50339 (SB Oak St at Devonshire Crescent)
- The #33 (29 Avenue Station/UBC) travels NB and SB on Cambie St and stops just outside of the King Edward Ave Canada Line Station
The Canada Line provides rapid transit service from downtown Vancouver to both YVR airport and to Richmond city centre (Bridgeport Station).
King Edward Avenue Station (corner of West King Edward Ave and Cambie Street).