Individuals may be assessed for treatment at the Looking Glass Residence after participating in community-based eating disorder programs or services, or as part of a transition from specialized inpatient care.
Please see referral information with clear instructions of the referral process including contact information for submission to the applicant’s regional health authority representative.
If the referral application is incomplete or does not meet admission criteria, the regional representative will inform the applicant and the referring agent (e.g. GP).
The Provincial Access Committee reviews applications forwarded by Regional Health Authorities for admission to 14 publicly funded beds for individuals from across the province of British Columbia. Individuals must be BC residents who meet criteria for admission.
Please note that consistent with provincial standards for residential treatment programs in British Columbia, patients 19 years and over admitted into publicly-funded beds at Looking Glass Residence are required to pay a daily fee of $30.90. For those receiving income assistance or disability, this per diem fee is paid for by your coverage.
Average length of stay is 90 days.
Please use the checklist to help guide your decisions. If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact the Intake Coordinator
- Your BC Care Card and prescription card for 3rd Party Billing
- A record of immunizations
- 3 days' worth of your current medications in their original containers (please do not transfer)
- Preferably a soft duffle bag for your belongings, one that will fit under the bed
- Seasonal clothing: shorts, t-shirts (summer); coat, sweaters, gloves, hat, scarf (winter)
- Rain jacket
- Boots, tennis shoes and proper footwear for outdoor groups
- Swimsuit and towel
- Active wear appropriate for physical activity
- Casual daywear e.g. casual ‘modest’ daywear (not revealing, tight or too short)
- Robe, slippers, nightwear
- Favourite game, stuffed animal etc.
- Personal hygiene products (pads/tampons/etc.)
- Comb, brush
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Cosmetics (no mirrors)
- Calling card for necessary phone calls
- Stationary, stamps, envelopes
- Pencils, pens, notepads
- Reading materials
- Pictures of family and friends (unbreakable glass only)Small backpack
- Water bottle
Cell Phones: You may want your cell phone when going on a home pass. Your cell phone will be held at the team station until you leave for a home pass. Looking Glass Residence does not assume liability for damaged or lost items.
Computers: you may bring your laptop with you to use for school work. Your laptop will be held at the team station until dedicated computer time. Looking Glass Residence does not assume liability for damaged or lost items.
Looking Glass Residence staff members are required to check for these items upon admission and during your stay. If these items are found they will be removed and kept at the team station. Also keep in mind that Looking Glass is a scent-free zone.
- Any items restricted by law
- No pills or vitamins aside from your 3 days' worth of prescription medications
- Candles or incense
- Lighters or matches
- Glass containers, bottles, glass in picture frames, mirrors
- Aerosol cans
- MP3 players/iPads
- Beauty Magazines
- Nail Polish