Image: new gym in Acute Rehabilitation Unit
The relocation of Sunny Hill is part of the BC Children's and BC Women's Redevelopment Project, a joint initiative of the Province of British Columbia and the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). Through donor support, the BC Children's Hospital Foundation helped enhance the therapy spaces with advanced technologies, state-of-the-art equipment, and works of art.
Clinical experts, patients, families, staff, and the public provided input on the project to ensure we created clinically best practice, patient-centered spaces.
In the new facility, Sunny Hill patients will benefit from unique resources that have been purpose-built for their specific needs:
- a fully accessible pool with movable floors
- an open-concept gym with a fun, multi-purpose therapy environment and seamless access to a patio
- an interactive garden for mobility training and relaxation
- a high-tech motion analysis lab
- a family-focused lounge with space for child play
The new Sunny Hill includes spaces specifically designed to accommodate the needs of children and youth who have hearing, visual and sensory disabilities or sensitivities.