Image: artist's rendering of the new high-tech motion lab
In the new facility, Sunny Hill patients will benefit from unique resources that have been purpose-built for their specific needs:
- a fully accessible therapy pool with movable floors
- an open-concept gym with a fun, multi-purpose therapy environment and seamless access to a patio
- an interactive therapy garden for mobility training
- a high-tech motion analysis lab
- a family-focused lounge with space for child play
The new Sunny Hill includes spaces specifically designed to accommodate the needs of children and youth who have hearing, visual and sensory disabilities or sensitivities.
In support of the redevelopment of Sunny Hill, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation raised an additional $14 million to create a healing environment to meet the unique needs of Sunny Hill patients and their families. The Foundation’s Sunny Hill Enhancement Initiative will help enhance the therapy spaces described above, and provide advanced technologies and state-of-the-art equipment.
The Foundation's Sunny Hill Enhancement Initiative will also fill Sunny Hill with artwork, including murals, sculptures and interactive displays, specifically designed to meet the needs of kids and families during assessment and treatments, which will help calm, soothe and provide positive distraction when needed.
Image: artist's rendering of the rehabilitation gym