Donor support is making advances in research, clinical care and equipment and technology at BC Children’s possible that wouldn’t occur otherwise. Read the BC Children's Hospital Foundation Progress Report 2021/22 to learn more about donor-funded advances this past year.
This report includes a summary of ways donor support, through financial contributions, has enabled advances in ground-breaking research, leading-edge technology and innovations in care for kids and families.
Here are just some of the strides donor support made possible:
- $88 million granted to BC Children's Hospital
- 1,000+ pieces of equipment came through the hospital's doors
- 49,000+ virtual appointments closer to home
- Research: First-of-its-kind technology is greatly accelerating stem cell research, potentially leading to better diagnoses and new treatments for serious illnesses.
- Cancer: Multiple clinical trials have been launched over the past year, offering possible new therapy options for children with hard-to-treat cancers.
- Diabetes: The team here is reshaping the diabetes experience for families through online and peer support resources.
- Mental health: Mindfulness programs are providing resources to youth, parents and caregivers to help them cope with chronic illness and stress.
Thank you to all donors and supporters for the year you've made possible!