Child Health BC is a network linking the province’s health authorities, the three child-serving ministries, UBC and health professional organizations.
Child Health BC brings together policymakers, health administrators, clinicians, operational leaders and physician leaders from across BC who together have a bold, common goal: To work together to continuously improve the health status and health outcomes of BC’s children by building an integrated and accessible system of service.
To achieve that goal of improving health status, outcomes, and services for BC’s kids, we collaborate to:
- Strengthen the system of service for child & youth health.
- Keep children healthy and safe.
- Promote novel integrated primary care and community-based models.
- Increase access to high quality innovative appropriate services across the Tiers.
- Enhance quality through the implementation of provincial standards and pathways.
Please click here
to view CHBC's 4-Year Action Plan ( 2016/17 to 2019/20).
We are fortunate to work with dedicated collaborators from across BC.
Child Health BC, as an initiative of BC Children’s Hospital, is very grateful for the support to its donors who, through the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, make this unique work and collaborative effort possible.
- Kit Johnson, Clinical Service Innovation & Quality
- Rita Janke, Quality Improvement, Projects and Evaluation
- Sana Fakih, Early Years Health and Wellness
- Zahra Hussein, Primary Care
- Fraser Health - Nicole Cave
- Interior Health - Trish Thomson
- Island Health - Shannon Moffat
- Vancouver Coastal Health - Theresa McElroy
- Northern Health - Jennifer Begg
- Business Affairs Manager - Barb Kenny
- Coordinator, CHBC Hip Surveillance Program for Children with Cerebral Palsy - Stacey Miller
- Senior Leader, Provincial Education - Melissa Coop
- Manager, Children's Virtual Care - Joelle Pellegrin
- Project Coordinator Technology - Lorna Simms
- Project Coordinator Tiers of Service (MH) - Angela Olsen
- Research Associate - Sina Waibel
- Research Associate - Kasra Hassani
- Research Associate - Anya Smith
- Senior Data Analyst - Gary Hoyano
- Graphic Production Specialist - Terry Chau
- Executive Assistant to Jennifer Scarr - Vida Lopez
- Administrative Assistant to Sana Fakih - Jacquie Innes
- Administrative Assistant to Kit Johnson - Ellie Wu
- Administrative Assistant to Barb Kenny - Shirley DeSouza
Child Health BC is grateful to the contractors and secondees, who work with the team to make the many initiatives come to fruition. Their unique talents contribute in important ways.