We provide services in these areas:
- Infectious diseases: inpatient and outpatient consultation services
- Immunology: inpatient and outpatient consultation services
- HIV/AIDS providing care to women, pregnant women and children with HIV-AIDS (at Oak Tree Clinic at BC Women's Hospital)
- Infection control service
- Vaccine Evaluation Centre: an innovative immunization research cooperative at UBC. Investigators have completed more than 125 studies ranging from epidemiology of vaccine-preventable infections to evaluation of candidate vaccines to measurement of the impact of newly implemented immunization programs.
Our clinical activities continue to expand, given the increasing complexity of infectious complications in immuno-compromised children, the emergence of antibiotic-resistant "superbugs", the spread of infections within the hospital, and the risks of, and preparedness for, bioterrorism.
We have developed quality-of-care indicators for infection control, hospital-acquired blood stream infections, and venous access devices.