We provide services in these areas:
- Infectious Diseases Consulting
- Inpatient: hospitalized patients with wide varity of complex infections including: infections in immunine compromised hosts, tuberculosis, HIV and infections after international travel.
- Outpatient: Complex infectious diseases including infection after international travel, tuberculosis, parasitic infections, congenital infections.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- HIV/AIDS providing care to women, pregnant women and children with HIV-AIDS (at Oak Tree Clinic at BC Women's Hospital)
- Infection Control Service
- Family Immunization Clinic
Our clinical activities continue to expand, given the increasing complexity of infectious complications in immuno-compromised children, the emergence of antibiotic-resistant "superbugs", the spread of infections within the hospital, and the risks of, and preparedness for, bioterrorism.
We have developed quality-of-care indicators for infection control, hospital-acquired blood stream infections, and venous access devices.
Please click here for a map of the BC Children's Hospital Campus