We provide services in these areas:
- Infectious diseases consulting
- Inpatient: hospitalized patients with a wide variety of complex infections including: infections in immune-compromised hosts, tuberculosis, HIV and infections after international travel.
- Outpatient: Complex infectious diseases including infection after international travel, tuberculosis, parasitic infections, congenital infections.
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- HIV/AIDS providing care to women, pregnant women and children with HIV-AIDS (at
Oak Tree Clinic at BC Women's Hospital)
- Infection control service
Family Immunization Clinic
Our clinical activities continue to expand, given the increasing complexity of infectious complications in immuno-compromised children, the emergence of antibiotic-resistant "superbugs", the spread of infections within the hospital, and the risks of, and preparedness for, bioterrorism.
We have developed quality-of-care indicators for infection control, hospital-acquired blood stream infections, and venous access devices.
Please click here for a
map (PDF) of the BC Children's Hospital Campus