Understanding the effects of activities and lifestyle choices on your youth's health.
- Healthy eating is important for everyone – check out
Canada’s Food Guide.
- Just TRAC it! List food allergies and special diet considerations in Notes app on phone or tablet.
- For general questions about food, supplements or eating habits, email a dietitian at HealthLink BC.
- For certain conditions (deteriorating health, immune suppressed, severe weight/muscle loss) a
Monthly Nutritional Supplement benefit may be available.
- MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It!) is a FREE, fun healthy lifestyle program for families with children ages 7-13 years.
- Find out how different drugs and alcohol interact with medications at
- Remember that herbal remedies can also interact with medications – check for any interaction with your physician or pharmacist.
- Be aware of youth’s use of medications, amount taken, overuse, or sharing drugs with others.
- For information on quitting smoking, check out
- Be aware of the
concerns and dangers of e-cigarettes.
Back to Family Toolkit