A child's illness or injury can be one of life's most distressing experiences. Watching a child or teenager suffer is, for many, an unbearable strain. It raises many intense emotions and often painful questions:
- "Why my child?"
- "How do I cope?"
- "Does anyone care?"
- "Where is God when it hurts?"
- "What does this mean?"
- "How can I keep going?"
We provide spiritual care to help you explore these questions and others. Our spiritual health practitioners are able to:
- offer comfort and compassion
- listen to your story
- support you in your journey
- help with ethical dilemmas you may be facing
- offer spiritual support and prayer if you wish
- help you plan special services
- contact a local minister or spiritual leader
A spiritual health practitioner is available on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Outside of regular office hours, a team of on-call spiritual health practitioners responds to emergencies.
Please ask a nurse or staff person to page us, or leave a message at our office. We are able to visit you in our office or any other area of the hospital.
Quiet Room: BC Children's Hospital, 3rd floor, Room 3D18
Sacred Space: BC Women's Hospital, 2nd floor corridor
BC Women's Hospital
4500 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1