Referral for this service is open to all physicians and nurse practitioners in BC.
Virtual health visits are available for children and families unable to travel to Vancouver for assessment.
Please bring all medications to the appointment.
Parking can be a challenge at BC Children’s Hospital, so allow extra time when coming to your appointment. Valet parking is available free of charge at the Oak Street entrance, next to the new Sunnyhill Center.
We are part of the division of Allergy and Immunology and share our clinical space with the Allergy clinic. We are located in the 1982 building, which is attached to the new Teck Acute Care Center.
We are a teaching institution and proud to offer a specialty residency program for pediatricians training to be specialists in the field of Clinical Immunology and Allergy. During your visit, you will likely be assessed by a medical student or resident (a medical doctor who is training to be an independent practitioner). We value the role students have in the assessment, diagnosis and management of children referred to our clinic.
Many patients seek services in other areas of BC Children’s hospital:
- Laboratory Blood Collection Center (Outpatient Laboratory)
- Many patients require blood work to be drawn following their appointment at the Immunology Clinic. There is a blood collection lab located on the second floor of the building, a short walk from the Immunology Clinic.
- How to get there:
- Locate the lobby where the Gift Shop and Second Cup are located at the Oak Street entrance of the hospital.
- Take the lobby elevators up to the second floor. Turn left and follow the sign to the Blood Collection Center.
2. Chieng Family Medical Day Unit
- Some patients require ongoing treatments as an outpatient. These treatments take place at the Medical Day Unit, located on the second floor of the 1982 building, a short walk from the Immunology Clinic and down the hallway from the Blood Collection Center (outpatient laboratory).
- How to get there:
- Locate the lobby where the Gift Shop and Second Cup are located at the Oak Street entrance of the hospital
- Take the lobby elevators up to the second floor. Turn left and follow the sign to the Blood Collection Centre.