- The most current textbooks and basic supplies
- Supervision of tests and provincial exams
- Contact with the teachers and counsellors from the student’s home school
- Classroom assignments and instructional support
- Ongoing responsibility for coordinating the student’s educational program while in hospital
Ask your child’s teacher to prepare school work to bring to the hospital, or contact us and we'll arrange to have the work prepared for you. If advanced planning is not possible, we can call the school after your child has arrived at the hospital.
We follow the direction of the child's teachers, and adhere to the BC curriculum and Core Competencies.
Hospital units have wireless internet so families can connect to their communities and schools.
It is always best for the students to have their own materials to work with, but we have most of the common textbooks used in B.C., with the exception of French Immersion texts.
When your child is discharged from hospital, some school districts will provide home support if your child is not immediately able to return to school. Contact us if you need more information.