Help your patients pivot from hospital to home with our Pediatric IV Outpatient Therapy (PIVOT) Program! Our program supports a patient’s caregiver to provide IV antibiotics at home and manage a central line.
We organize IV antimicrobial treatment to be administered at home or in the community for pediatric patients who meet the following criteria:
- Need 5 or more days of IV antimicrobial treatment
- Are otherwise medically appropriate to receive care in the community
- Have caregivers interested in providing this care at home
- Have central venous access (PICC, port, tunneled CVC) or waiting for a PICC
- Have been referred by a healthcare provider (doctor or nurse practitioner)
We coordinate with a community pharmacy to have all your medications and supplies delivered to your home, and provide all teaching to families for the lines and devices your child will be using for treatment.
Your first visit will be in person at BC Children's Hospital after which you may receive care at your local community centres.
The PIVOT nurse clinician is available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to answer any questions and help support you.