We organize IV antimicrobial treatment at home or in the community for pediatric patients who meet the following criteria:
- Need 5 or more days of IV antimicrobial treatment
- Are otherwise medically appropriate to receive care in the community
- Have caregivers interested in providing this care at home
- Have central venous access (PICC, port, tunneled CVC) or waiting for a PICC
- Have been referred by a healthcare provider (doctor or nurse practitioner)
We coordinate with a community pharmacy to have all your medications and supplies delivered to your home, and provide all teaching to families for the lines and devices your child will be using for treatment.
Your first visit will be in person at BC Children's Hospital after which you may receive care at your local community centers.
The PIVOT Nurse Clinician is available Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to answer any questions and help solve any problems.