1Write and fax a referral letter
Write your own referral letter. The letter should include:
- your referring & billing information
- the patient's demographics
- all appropriate blood test results from the last 6 months
- all appropriate urine tests and urinalysis from the last 6 months
- all culture and sensitivities and antibiotics used to treat your patient
- all radiology tests pertinent to this consulation request
- a list of all current medications
Please also advise us if an interpreter is needed and in what language.
Fax the referral letter to us at: 604-875-3649.
Referrals are received by administrative secretaries Mondays to Fridays except statutory holidays.
The on-call nephrologist will review the referral information to determine how soon the patient should be seen.
Referrals are triaged within 3 to 5 business days.
The clinical secretary will book the appointment based on the recommendation of the on-call nephrologist.
We will fax an appointment confirmation will be faxed to the referring physician or nurse practitioner.
4Changes to patient's condition?
If there are any changes in the patient's condition or in the blood or urine results that might warrant an earlier appointment, please call our clinic or the nephrologist on-call.
- Phone: 604-875-2272
- Toll Free: 1-888-300-3088 ext. 2272