Please dress your child in a shirt and pants (not onesie) for the appointment.
Below is a checklist of helpful items to bring with you:
- Your child’s BC Services Card
- Your appointment letter
- A list of any medications and the doses that your child is taking
- Equipment your child is using (i.e. hearing aids, glasses, braces/orthoses, or feeding equipment etc.)
- Any questions you have for us about your child
- A meal/snack (We offer free snacks, coffee and water in the waiting area)
- Anything that will put your child at ease (Food, baby formula and water, their favourite toy, a blanket, etc.)
Please arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of your appointment time and check in with our receptionist at the main entrance of Sunny Hill.
- Conversation, Examination & Motor Function Assessment (60-75 minutes)
You and your infant will meet a physician and a nurse. We will ask you questions about your infant and perform physical examinations for your child’s muscle strength and movements. Also, our occupational therapist will perform an assessment for your child’s motor functions.
- A Short Break (15 minutes)
- Family Conference (30 minutes)
An assessment summary will be provided. The clinical team will discuss our findings and plan the next step with you. If necessary, we will make a referral to other resources. We will book a follow-up appointment in 4–6 months.
Our family gathering space has lounges, dining area, child play space and outdoor garden where you can spend your break time to rest, eat or feed your infant.
The Sibling Support Centre is available for siblings who must be on campus while their brother or sister is in care or receiving care. A first-come, first served booking is required.
Please call 604-875-3594 or book online.