1Get a physician referral.
A physician referral
to Shapedown BC is required.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have modified our program delivery as follow. Until further note, eligible referrals are booked for 3 appointments with
the Shapedown BC team:
1. Intake Appointment (Virtual)
2. Physical Exam (In-Person)
3. Follow-Up Appointment (Virtual)
The first appointment is a virtual 3- to 4-hour comprehensive medical,
psycho-social and lifestyle assessment with a physician, mental health
specialist and registered dietitian.
The second appointment is a 30 minute in-person physical exam
with a physician. Only one parent/caregiver is asked to accompany the child/teen at this time.
The third appointment is a virtual 1-hour follow-up appointment to review the
results of the assessment, establish family readiness, and
determine capacity to attend a 10-week virtual group-based healthy living program.
PLEASE NOTE: The child/teen referred to the program, as well as a parent/guardian are
required to attend all of these appointments.
The child/teen and their family are invited to attend the next virtual age-appropriate group program.
Group is a 2 times a week commitment for 10-weeks:
- One 90 minute virtual evening session (includes a 15-minute physical activity session for the children with an Exercise Leader from the YMCA or local community centre; and
- One 45 minute virtual Family Fun Activity session with our Exercise Leader from the YMCA or local community centre.
For more information...
To learn more about the program, download the brochure, or contact us.
If you are interested in our Chinese or South Asian program, please see our program brochure in Chinese - 計劃詳情) or Punjabi.